Who should I call if I have water damage?

If you have noticed water damage on your ceiling, baseboards, walls or obvious flooding  it is important to act quickly to prevent further damage. But who should you call for help? Here are some options to consider:

  1. A water damage restoration company: First and foremost, you need to call a water damage mitigation company. These professionals are trained to handle all aspects of water damage repair, including assessing the extent of the damage, drying out affected areas, and making necessary repairs. They have the equipment and expertise to handle the job efficiently and effectively.
  1. A plumber: Once the immediate problem has been stopped, your water damage restoration company can help direct your next phone call. If the water damage was caused by a plumbing issue, such as a leaking pipe or faulty appliance, you will need a plumber who can repair or replace the faulty plumbing and help prevent future water damage.
  1. A general contractor: The water has stopped, but the damage has been done. Where do you go from here? If the water damage is extensive and requires more than just drying out and cleaning, you may need to call a general contractor. They can help with structural repairs and rebuild any areas of your home that have been damaged by the water.

It is important to address water damage as soon as possible to prevent further damage and avoid costly repairs. If you are unsure who to call, Disaster Doctors is a good place to start. We are licensed and insured. Our team is ready to act quickly and available 24/7. Furthermore Disaster Doctors is partnered with specific plumbers and with Quality Construction of Utah. Disaster Doctors will be able to handle all 3 steps in the repair process, the water mitigation, the plumbing repair and the reconstruction of your home.